COVID-19 Information and Resources
Funeral Assistance Program
Beginning April 12, 2021, FEMA will provide financial assistance for those who qualify for COVID-19-related funeral expenses incurred after January 20, 2020 -- up to $9,000 for qualified funeral expenses. This is made available under the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2021 and the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021. FEMA is receiving a large volume of calls, but there is currently no deadline to apply for assistance.
To watch a video to learn more about this program, please click HERE.
Go to FEMA.GOV For Complete Information and to See if You Qualify:
Click HERE For a Summary of the Program and What Documents are Needed
Follow These Steps to Get Assistance:
- See if you qualify by referring to FEMA.GOV.
- Gather all required documents.
- Call FEMA at 1-844-684-6333 (TTY: 800-462-7585) from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. MT
- AFTER contacting FEMA by phone, you may mail, fax or upload your documents to your disasterassistance.gov account.
- FEMA, P.O. Box 10001, Hyattsville, MD 20782
- FEMA Fax Line: 855-261-3452
- Disaster Assistance Site
- FRAUD Alert: There have been reports of scammers reaching out to people offering to register them for funeral assistance for a fee. FEMA has not sent any such notifications, and they do not contact people prior to them registering for assistance. Qualified individuals can apply for assistance completely free by following the steps above.